23 November 2012

Makeup Forever Uplight Face Luminizer Gel

I've had this product for almost 2 weeks, but it is very quickly turning into a firm favorite of mine! It was given to me as a gift by the amazing Mai from THE MAKEUP MANUAL (click HERE to visit her blog) and I am absolutely IN LOVE with it!! (Thank you sooo much, Maiii!! :* :* :* <3 <3 <3).





















It is the Makeup Forever Uplight Face Luminizer Gel in shade #22 (pearly pink flesh). As you can see from the swatch below, it is an amazing, pearly gel with a beautiful hint of colour. The formula is oil free and made from 70% water, so it feels very light and refreshing on the skin and won't clog your pores. It is enriched with precious pearls that catch and reflight light to create a radiant complexion; you use it to add highlight and dimension to your face, and to get that amazing "from within" glow that everyone wants! Another major positive factor about this gel is that it contains mango butter to create a moisturizing effect (great for those with dry skin), and can be used on the body as well as the face to add a healthy glow to the skin, which really does last all day! 


It can be used alone on moisturized skin, or on top of foundation to highlight cheekbones, the bridge of the nose, Cupid's bow, forehead and chin. The way I use it is I mix a small amount with my foundation; I find it works best with a matte foundation, and I use it with Illamasqua Skin Base foundation (read my review HERE), although I don't see why it can't be used with any other type of foundation. The first time I mixed the Uplight with my foundation, I received SOOO many compliments on how pretty I looked and how my face looked really flawless and glowy! It seriously made my day and I knew it was all thanks to this amazing highlighting gel!



MAC have a similar product (Strobe Liquid, or a slightly heavier version of this, which is  the Strobe Cream), which I have used before, but I didn't see as much of a difference to my face as I did when I used this product; it honestly looked like my face was instantly brighter, and this was before I'd even applied blush - just my foundation mixed with the Uplight gel! (I'll be honest, I couldn't stop looking at my face for the day... I'm not at all vain or conceited!! I was just so amazed by the effect!!)

How I use MUFE Uplight Gel:
1) Applied moisturiser and eye cream to my face;
2) Primed my skin with Smashbox Photo Finish primer and Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Under Eye primer to my undereye area (read my review HERE);
2) Squeezed a blob of Illamasqua Skin Base foundation onto the back of my hand;
3) Added a half pump of the Uplight gel to the foundation;
4) Mixed together until well combined (I used the back of a disposable mascara wand);
5) Used MAC 130 brush to apply to my entire face, blending in very well (as I used the Skin Base, I didn't need to use a corrector underneath);
6) Applied MAC Pro Longwear Concealer to my undereye area to brighten the area up;
7) Set everything with MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural all over;
8) Continued with my eyes/blush/lips;
9) Et voila! Perfect glowy, flawless skin!

The Uplight Face Luminizer Gel comes in a range of three different finishes; dewey, pearly and sparkling (this particular one has a pearly finish).

I DEFINITELY recommend this product to everyone! It really is amazing and I think everyone should have at least one in their makeup kit! I'm definitely going to be ordering more of the other colours, too!

Makeup Forever Uplight Face Luminizer Gel is available worldwide at Makeup Forever counters and standalone stores, as well as in Sephora internationally, or from Sephora France if you are located in the UK or Europe. (RRP: $29/€30.50/£24.50)



No comments :

Post a Comment