11 November 2012

Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Under Eye Primer

This post is about a product that I only purchased recently, but I LOVE it! 


I've always wondered how some people apply concealer under their eyes without it creasing. No matter what I did, I found that by the end of the day, the concealer under my eyes would start to crease and I'd have to re-powder/touch up that area. I later realized that all full coverage concealers tend to do this, but I didn't like it! I wanted something that I could apply before my corrector/concealer to keep it in place and prevent ugly creases, like how an eyeshadow primer would! I admit, once I did attempt putting Urban Decay's Primer Potion under my eyes... it was the biggest mistake ever! It looked so gross and cakey and made the under eye area dry and tight! So I immediately took it off and just did my makeup as normal! 


Then I heard about the new Photo Finish Hydrating Under Eye Primer from Smashbox! It is completely different to how I expected it to be; it feels very light on the skin and sinks in immediately without leaving it feeling greasy. It also has a slight cooling effect when applied to help soothe and calm the under-eye area. The primer is effective for 10 common problems:
* Age spots
* Clarity
* Dark circles
* Fine lines & wrinkles
* Hydration
* Puffiness
* Radiance
* Skin tone
* Soothing
* Texture

I apply it after my moisturizer and when I'm priming the rest of my face. I then apply my corrector (Bobbi Brown) and concealer (usually Bobbi Brown or MAC) using the pad of my ring finger and pat and blend it lightly, then I set it with a little bit of powder. (I usually apply my concealer after I've applied my foundation and eyeshadow to fully brighten up the eye area). 



I found that this primer works very well and keeps my under eye makeup crease free and looking perfect all day without the need for touch ups. It stops everything from sliding off, even in hot weather and after long days, without feeling too heavy or dry on the skin, which is especially important because of the delicate, fragile skin in that area. 

This product is a MUST HAVE for anyone and I highly recommend it! 

Smashbox products are available internationally and online. (RRP: £21)





No comments :

Post a Comment