15 December 2013

REVIEW: Foreo LUNA Mini - Revolutionise your Skincare!



As a Bzz Agent, I had the opportunity to try out the new Foreo LUNA Mini. I was super excited when I had the chance to become part of the campaign, as I'd heard about Foreo's products a while ago while watching Tanya Burr's YouTube videos and she had talked about how much she loved her Foreo cleansing system.

What is it?

This cute little device is a revolutionary way of cleansing your face, and uses T-Sonic technology to provide a deep and gentle approach to cleansing at the same time. The LUNA Mini channels Transdermal Sonic pulsations ("T-Sonic") across the surface of the skin and works by cleaning the pores to rid them of any impurities to reduce the causes of blemishes while also smoothing and refining the texture of the skin. Foreo describe the LUNA Mini as "a mini facial every day", and claim that you will see results in just three days.

Is it Hygienic?

The device is non-porous, which means that any bacteria, dirt and impurities that you are removing from your skin will not be absorbed, unlike brush heads, which can trap dirt and bacteria and require changing regularly (like the Clarisonic and other similar sonic brushes). The LUNA Mini features 1300 non-abrasive touch-points, which are coated with smooth silicone, and are configured into three different zones to accommodate all skin types - there is also a special "low intensity" setting that is designed to be used around the eye area!

How to use?

When you purchase the device, you need to fully charge it before using it, and this is done using the USB charger included - one charge is enough for 300 uses, and is perfect for travel and on-the-go. You use your normal facial cleanser (do not use exfoliants or other "gritty" cleansers with this device - just your regular gel/foam face wash), and switch on the device. You will notice there are different speeds - a faster one for use on the face and a more gentle speed that can be used for more sensitive areas, such as under eyes, or can be used all over the face if you have extremely sensitive skin. It will also make a "beep" sound after a while, and this is just to indicated that you should now move onto the next area of your face - very similar to the Clarisonic Plus.

My Thoughts:

I loved using this system with my Clinique face wash. I tried different methods to see which was best, but each gave me the same result - beautifully soft and smoother skin! First method: I applied the face wash directly to the device with a little water then switched it on and cleansed my face.

Second method: I applied the face wash to my wet face and spread it with my finger tips on my skin. Then I switched on the device and cleansed my face (applying small amounts of water to the device each time to create a lather). I personally preferred the second method, but they both gave me the same results. I noticed I had no excess foundation when I wiped a cotton pad with Bioderma all over my skin and my face didn't feel dry or tight - just soft and smooth.


The device comes with instructions, but they don't specifically say which method is correct - they just emphasize the fact that exfoliators and other similar products should not be used with the device. 

I love how compact the LUNA Mini is - even the packaging and the fact that the charger is one simple wire that connects to your computer/laptop to charge! Also, this particular model (Mini) is designed for travel. I recently took mine on a 5-day trip to Edinburgh, used it at home for a few weeks then took it with me on another 5-day trip to London without needing to charge it again! It is STILL on its first initial charge, which is amazing because you don't need to worry about carrying the wire and a laptop or looking to find somewhere to charge it - it will last for 300 uses on a single charge!

How Can You Get it?

The LUNA Mini is available online HERE and costs £99. I understand that this may be expensive for most, so Foreo have been extremly kind and generous enough to give me a special discount code to share with you all for 35% off your purchase. You will also notice that Foreo have different variations of the LUNA and the discount code can be used on ANY purchase made on the Foreo website.

Discount code: Z1RSz5

(please note: this discount code will expire December 31st 2013, and I am NOT gaining any commission or anything from the sales of these products) 

Have you tried the Foreo LUNA Mini, or any of Foreo's other products?

Disclaimer: I was sent this for a Bzz Agent campaign, however I paid a discounted rate in order to receive it. I was not obliged to write about my experience - I just wanted to share my experience and the discount code with others. As I stated in my post, I am NOT affiliated with Foreo, and I will NOT receive commission from any sales made using the discount code). All thoughts and opinions are completely 100% my own, as always, and this will NEVER be compromised.




No comments :

Post a Comment