29 September 2012

Exciting Opportunity!!

Hi everyone!

So I received some news a few months ago that a close friend of mine is getting married (SOO happy for her!) and she was freaking out about all the preparations she had to do etc etc etc. Anyway, she asked if I could do the makeup for her and her bridesmaids! Now, I immediately said YES!!! and went into crazy planning organization mode; writing lists of things that I needed to do and get and different eye looks and lip combinations that would work for her wedding! I literally made so many lists of makeup I needed, equipment, tools, accessories... even though the wedding isn't until 2013! (When I get excited about something that I really want, I will drop everything that I'm doing and focus completely on that one thing! Is that weird? Crazy? Maybe. But that's just me, I guess!

So one of the first things that I needed to do was to sort out my MAC eyeshadows and put them into my palettes, which I bought so long ago, but I haven't gotten round to actually depotting my shadows yet! I decided to start with a simple, neutral palette; using different shades of beiges and browns, and, of course, including a black or two! I still haven't had chance to do this, as I've been SO busy with uni and looking for a job that is related to my degree in some way (no luck yet, btw!!) but as soon as I've done them, I will post pictures to show you what they look like!

Other things on my list included getting more tools (sponges/mascara wands etc) and makeup brushes (a complete set) which would NOT be for my own personal use. I wanted a specific set of brushes that I could have dedicated to using on other people (I kind of want to turn this makeup thing into a mini "job/career"... I'm not sure if that's the right word for it, but I wanted to be like an "on-call" makeup/beauty person, where I would go and do people's makeup for special events if they asked me). I guess I want it as a fall-back, insurance plan in case my Architecture dream didn't work out! (Two VERY different areas, I know!)

Now the final and kinda MAIN thing that I need/want to get is one of the professional trolley makeup cases! I saw a few on Amazon and there is one that I have in mind! But I think I will purchase it nearer the time of my friend's wedding, when I will have nearly everything else that I need!!

Just thinking about the opportunity is making me excited all over again! (Honestly, I forgot about it for the past few weeks; I've had a lot on my mind recently...)

xoxo,
LaLa

No comments :

Post a Comment