1 October 2012

MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

I bought this powder so long ago and at first I didn't use it because I didn't really see the point of it, but now I understand what it's used for I use it almost every time I do my makeup!


The product is a lightweight, loose, white powder and it is applied to the face after you've finished your makeup; however it doesn't actually make your face white! The powder becomes transparent once blended into the skin, and it's used to set your makeup and to give your skin a flawless, matte finish; the powder immediately diminishes any visible pores and fine lines to give you that airbrushed look everyone wants, leaving your skin feeling super soft, too.



The container features a special sieve that allows you to transfer the powder from the bottom part of the container. However, it is SUPER messy!! There will nearly always be too much powder in the top part and no matter how careful you are with your brush, I guarantee that you will get some powder on your clothes/floor/vanity! 



Another use for this product is to soften hard edges/colours; for example, if you apply too much blush by mistake, just blend some of this powder on top to dilute the colour and to get rid of the DREADED CLOWN LOOK! You can also use the powder on your eyes after you have applied your eyeshadow, and if you feel it is too dark or harsh. This powder will really soften it!


I highly recommend this product, especially for people who have oily skin (although my skin is quite dry, but I still like to use it on my T-zone or if it's a hot/humid day to keep me shine free). The product lasts SUCH a long time because you only need to use a tiny bit for your whole face. 

Available from MAC stores internationally and online. RRP: £19.50 







2 comments :

  1. I wanted to get it and now i will! :P
    does it show up white in photos?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! No it doesn't if you blend it well! And you will only need a tiny amount. A trick I learned is after applying it, turn off the lights and take a picture of your face (using flash).. if it looks white, just blend it a bit more (maybe you applied too much).

      Hope this helps!!

      Xoxo,

      LaLa

      Delete