7 October 2012

Stila One Step Correct Correcting Primer

This post is about a face primer I purchased when I ran out of my favourite Smashbox primer. I was attracted to Stila's One Step Correct Correcting Primer because of the colourful swirls within the bottle and because of the fact that it is a multi-purpose corrector and primer in one! 

You will notice the three different coloured correctors that are suspended within the clear primer. Each corrector serves a different purpose:

* Green: 
Instantly neutralises any redness and helps to conceal blemishes

* Lavender: 
Counteracts sallow (yellowish) undertones for a vibrant, energised look

* Peach: 
Brightens, illuminates and helps diminish the appearance of dark spots 

This primer also acts as an anti-aging skincare serum as well as a brightener, primer and corrector, due to it's "Youth Revival Bio-Available Mineral Complex", so it is suitable for all ages and skin types.

When you dispense the product, all these colours combine with the primer to create a marbled, multi-coloured "cream"; however, when applied to the face, it leaves no traces of colour. 




I was pleasantly surprised when I tried this primer as I didn't think it would work very well; however, once applied, I noticed my skin looked more "airbrushed" and the slight redness around my nose had been reduced. The primer worked well to keep my makeup in place all day without getting shiny, so I didn't need to apply any touch ups.


I do recommend this product for anyone who is looking for an all-in-one product that will correct as well as prime the skin before applying foundation, and I've noticed that it does last a long time; I usually use two full pumps for my entire face and I apply it using a foundation brush (MAC 190 or Sigma F60, available from HERE).

Stila products are available internationally and online. (RRP: £24)




No comments :

Post a Comment